|Introduction - History - Personnel|
transport company was established around 1895 by K. Van der Ham,
the grandfather of A.A. and N. van der Ham, at Zouwendijk 12 in
The first activities consisted of transporting wood and wicker through the region and fruit to the railway station in Arkel by horse and wagon.
Around 1910 a track boat was purchased to sail the Ameide-Gorinchem route. At a horse would be hitched to the boat destined for Gorinchem, approximately 20 kilometres south of Ameide. It would return late at night.
In 1924 de first truck was purchased (a Chevrolet) in addition to the still used horse and wagon to be able to transport even more goods. The transport of wood and wicker also put the company in contact with the basket makers who used wicker to make fish baskets.
About 1934 the 1924 Chevrolet was
traded in for a new one. In 1940 the Second World War broke out.
For five years the truck stood covered with wood and wicker in
the polder. The Germans did not find it and after the war it was
made ready for use again. Not long after the war the company was
taken over by Mr A. van der Ham and the fleet was increased by 4
trucks. The ship and the horses were sold.
From 1970 Mr A.A. van der Ham
slowly extended the company to 20 cars and fruit was driven to
transport mainly takes place from
As a hobby we also maintain a Scania 110 with 205 hp from 1969.